viernes, 11 de septiembre de 2020

Journal 9

 In the session of today, I read interesenting descriptions and conceptions, by different scholars, about what Critical pedagogy is. So, after read all those, I could make my own understanding of critical view in education. I would say that have a critical pedagogy is so much imprtant for our role as teacher, it contributes to students autonomy and consciousness. It has to be not only with the undertanding of our social context but how it affects us as individuals of this society. We as teacher must rethink about our teaching practice, and who we are in the classroom, who our students are, in that way our classrooms would become spaces to lead to social transformation.

One way to become more critical and aware about our teaching practices is the development of self-reflection. This is very important for us to evaluate and analyze our development in the classroom, who we are as teacher, and what practices we can change in order to become our students and ourselves more critical. It was very interesting to analyze and make a connection between the curriculum of the English teaching program at Surcolombiana and the awareness-raising. I could reach a conclusion doing this connection, and it is tha the program should change and improve their curriculum and include more teaching practicum since the beginning of the degree because we start to be student-teachers since the first semester so we need to feel so. I would like to think and feel like a teacher since the very beginning in order to start constructing my teacher awareness and identity.

Glossary:

Awareness-raising: It is an exploration process in which we as teachers think and perceive the concept of teaching and our role in there.

Reflection: It is an exploration process in which we as teachers evaluate and analyze our own teaching practices in order to improve them. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario