martes, 8 de septiembre de 2020

Journal 6

 From this session, I just want to recall the importance for a teacher to have clear her identity because for example, in my case, I used to think this was a act of classifying or labeling myself, and I did not like to do so. However, now I undertand that this construction of identity is pretty important and useful for the process of developing myself as a professional. 

In order to create this identity, we have to take into account different aspects such as experience, emotions, materials, institutions, theories/beliefs, etc. as well as the local and global tensions help us in the construction of our professional identity. We have to undertand that Identity is not static, it is an outgoing process because the person and the professional that I am rigth now is not the same I was three years ago, and it will not be the same as in the future. I consider these changes in my identity depend too much on my experiences as a teacher, my relationship with students and peers´, and the development in the classes.

Glossary:

Teacher Professional Identity: It is how teachers define their professional roles. Besides, it is how teachers act and interact, position themselves and are positioned in a social place, and a way of being in the world.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario