jueves, 27 de agosto de 2020

Journal 1

 In the first class of the seminar, I realized that when I am asked to define "critical" I think about critical thinking. However, today I learned about a completely different concept which is "critical theory", it highlights the importance of the emancipation of humans, democracy, and the moral realm; that is, everybody should be seen as equal. Besides, it focuses on the social world and his need for reconstruction. 

 I consider this is important for me and my profession because although the "new left" was created a long time ago in order to help us emancipate ourselves in many social fields, we are is still subjugated in our educational settings, especially by the educational system of our country. It is important to unveil in what ways they are subjugating us, and what we can do to change it.


Glossary:

Critical theory:a method of temporarily freeing academic work from forms of power such as capitalism and positivism.

Emancipation: Freedom. Not being subjugated.

Democracy: It is a system of government that bases its legitimacy on the participation of the people

Moral realm: Moral actions and decisions that might be derived from or own explorations.


1 comentario: